Saturday, June 27, 2009

God desires our complete and utter obedience.

This past week was farely slow in regards to ministry. Monday was a day for all 9 teams here to work with some of the career missionaries over here at our stations, so that was a shortened day. Tuesday was our training day, so we didn't leave home at all. Wednesday was my off day. And Thursday was the beginning of our retreat. Yes, thanks to Haddon Heights Baptist Church, a portion of the $900.00 raised for my mission over here this summer was spent to supply each intern a weekend retreat in the mountains right below thee famous, Mt. Fuji. Pictures will be posted on facebook following this post. I'm back here in central Tokyo after a full three days of relaxing and refocussing for our whole team. This proved to be a very beneficial time for us as many needed this time to regroup including myself. That's about all I have to share with you in relation to that, however I will say one thing. This morning I decided to do the whole "Read the Bible in a Year" marathon. I was a little skeptical about this at first considering I've tried it before and never finished, but I actually learned something this morning from my time in the Word as structured as my routine may sound. I read Psalm 1, Genesis 1-2, and Matthew 1-2. Like my title alludes to, obedience was something that was stressed in the main portions of Scripture that I read. Psalm 1:2 encourages the believer to delight in following the instruction of the Lord. Genesis 2 asks Adam to simply not eat of the fruit of the tree that gives man the knowledge of good and evil (a simple request). Matthew 1 and 2 subtlely notes Joseph's sensitivity to the Spirit's leading after Jesus' birth when Herod sought to kill the newborn King. That's what God taught me today, and I hope to obey Him completely daily as I live out my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment