Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cultural boundaries...

Today was another good day, but another long day. We spent the first half of our day in worship at Koganei Park with all interns, the three short-term teams here, which made about 200 people in the park today. A huge praise on one note; that elderly man, Ichiro that I met at the gioza restaurant; he actually came to the park today to listen to the worship music our team plays before Bible Study. This proved to be a great fellowship with just him and I. He seemed interested in how many Americans were Christians compared to the so few Japanese that are. He's definitely seeking, and I definitely believe if I hook him up with the right missionary, he has as good a chance as any in receiving Christ as his Savior. Please pray for Ichiro's salvation and his growing curiosity in the Gospel. This was an encouraging time in general, as one of the volunteers that I was completely unaware actually works at Liberty University's front office for Residential Studies. This was very encouraging considering I miss home quite a bit, and even though I don't know the guy all that well, it was nice to see a face from home:)

Afterward, I had Bible Study with Hironori and that went very well. I was actually hoping to meet with him atleast one more time before the summer ended after today, but at the end of our time together, he gave me a gift, which in these circumstances indicated, this was going to be the last time I could see him. The Bible Study as a whole was good. He is still under the impression I believe that he has to know more about the Bible as opposed to just having faith before he can become a Christian. This Bible Study was not quite as long as last time, but it was a good quality time Hironori and I had with each other. He actually told me as I was leaving that I was his best friend! That was so encouraging to hear! I think he was really sad about leaving me, just because he doesn't really have a whole lot of friends here in Tokyo:( Please pray for Hironori's salvation and that follow up with Andrew, one of the journeymen here, would be good. He is very stuck in the culture, and is afraid to leave his Japanese roots for the sake of the Gospel. Pray for his heart...

Thank you for your prayers....

Wow, I'll be home in a little over a week. I look foward to seeing my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment