Thursday, July 2, 2009

God's faithfulness is awesome!

Today was another ministry day in the books. We spent about half our day passing out HOPE tracks in our time of Distribution. We covered a large portion of our territory, and I'd say we're about halfway done our distribution of the HOPE track in all residences' mailbox. That means that half of Higashikoganei has had the chance to receive the Gospel! That's awesome! Our second half of the day we spent doing Free Five Minute English Practice at the South Exit of Higashikoganei. This was a great time of reaching out to the Japanese! I found this time to be one of our best times as a team doing this ministry! Hunter and Josh (two new teammates-high school interns), Katrina, Dustin, and myself, I'd say talked to a combined 10-12 people. That was 10-12 people being engaged with the Gospel! Yet, check this out! God is so faithful in answering our prayers. I've been praying for about a week for a contact since I do not have one, and what do you think happened today? It was crazy how it happened! Katrina and I were standing in the same general area near the taxi cabs and I had been talking to Katrina, and out of the corner of my eye I see this cute little Japanese lady looking at my Free Five Minute English sign with a titled head and genuine interest in what we are doing. Her name is S-san, so please pray for her. She was in a hurry, so I gave her my business card hoping she'd e-mail me, and what do you know? She did! When we met earlier, I asked what she was interested in as far as meeting with us, and she said learning English, and she said she'd be willing to read the Bible with us to practice her English- I thought that was promising to some degree. Then after I received the e-mail from her, I asked her one more time what her goal in meeting with us is, and she responded by saying that she wants to learn about the Truth, and about why I accepted it as Truth. How awesome is that! I really see God at work in S-san, so please be praying for her. We will be having Bible Study on Sunday, so please keep her in prayer! The Lord was totally faithful in answering my prayers and answering your prayers back home!

"O Lord, You are my God;
I will exalt You and praise Your Name,
for in perfect faithfulness,
You have done marvelous things,
things planned long ago." -- Isaiah 25:1

No comments:

Post a Comment