Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Led by the Spirit

Today was a really good day for our team, and I am eager to share it with you. We did a bunch today; we started the day by doing distribution of the Gospel of John's. We passed out a little over 200 of these and that was such an awesome privilege. For me, I actually prefer distribution, because I am a big proponent of allowing every person in our community to hear the Gospel atleast ONCE! Please pray that those who receive those Gospel of Johns would be touched by the powerful message inside. Of course it is in Japanese so that will definitely help in them being receptive to something in their native language!

Afterward, Katrina needs to buy a gift for her contact, so we tried going to Shinjuku's "Gospel Store", yet we didn't find any there. We then went to two stations over in Harajuku and we found something there. Please pray for Katrina's friend A-san. Katrina has been meeting with A-san for about a month now for Bible Study and A-san is very close to accepting the Gospel. They plan to meet next week, but please pray A-san salvation in the meantime.

We then headed back to join Mitaka's team, Musashi-Sakai's team, and also a volunteer team from Missouri College. This time was spent in Free Five Minute English. Since our station is pretty slow, and it was just Katrina and I, we headed over to Mitaka where more people seem to be traveling through. This was probably the most productive time of a Free Five Minute English I had ever witnessed. I felt like each of us, interns and volunteers were talking to atleast one person constantly! I had talked with one guy named F-san. He was a bartender down the road in Mitaka and was very adimate about being my friend, but not pursuing Bible Study. Please pray for his heart to change. He has had experience in church before since he had spent an extended amount of time in California before he came back to Tokyo to being college. There he had many friends who were Christians and exposed him to the Bible. Please pray for a changed heart and that he would contact me for Bible Study or even just to hang out.

One neat story I'd like to share with you is a lady Katrina and I met on the train today. So, on our way back from Harajuku, we started talking to this girl named M-san. She was very learned in english and is currently studying it at a university. She seemed very intrigued by the HOPE track we gave her and I gave her my business card in hopes that she would be interested in Bible Study. Please pray for M-san. Pray for her salvation and also that she'd contact me for Bible Study. Please also pray for more divine appointments like these whether it'd be on the train or at a restaurant. Anywhere! PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment