Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Numbers don't mean everything, but they are definitely encouraging!

We started our day off doing some distribution. Again, we've been handing out Gospel of John's in Japanese to each mailbox in the Higashikoganei area. I really enjoy this particular ministry, because like Paul's goal was to reach everyone who hasn't heard the Gospel; this is one avenue. At first I was discouraged about handing these out instead of the HOPE tracks, because I felt the HOPE track gave an easy access scope of the whole Gospel. Yet, I've remembered hearing stories about individuals getting saved just off of reading the Gospel of John. I hope and pray that is the case for those that receive these Gospel of John's. Today we handed out a combined 400 Gospel of John's to those that live on south side of the train station. Afterward we had lunch and then headed over to Mitaka to do Free Five Minute English Practice with Mitaka and Musashi-Sakai's teams along with Musashi-Sakai's volunteer team from Missouri. During this 3 hour gap, we collectively met 33 people or had 33 different conversations. Out of that 33, 15 of them heard a presentation of the Gospel. That is definitely a positive!

Tomorrow is my day off, so no update tomorrow, however continue to pray for these things:

  • S-san: Katrina and I are meeting with her this Thursday for Bible Study. I saw S-san today and she was very excited about us meeting. Please pray for her salvation. Also pray for Sonya, a journeyman here this summer. A journeyman is a two year missionary (usually college age), here to help in passing off some of our relationships as interns. Sonya will be coming with us this Thursday to meet S-san and hopefully establish a relationship with her, so when we leave, Sonya will still be there to minister and disciple her. Please pray that all of this will pan out.
  • H-san: I sent H-san a text message today asking if I could bring a friend (Andrew, another journeyman), and he hadn't responded. Please pray that H-san would be receptive to another friend that can hopefully minister to him when we as interns leave. Also pray for his salvation.
  • T-san: Again, T-san is my Christian Japanese friend I met back in 2007 during my short term trip here with the Liberty team. Please pray for his job situation as he claims he is in a serious bind. I hope to meet with him atleast once before I leave. It's hard though because he lives so far away from Shibuya. It's about an hour and 15 minutes to where I am from. So, please pray for a time to meet and also for his job. Continue to also pray for boldness on his part amongst his Japanese natives. He needs to be a light in this nation, because there isn't much light amongst the Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment