Sunday, July 19, 2009

SO CLOSE!!!

The past two days have been really fruitful, and I praise the Lord for His answered prayers. At this point in the summer 30+ Japanese have accepted the Gospel, 7 of those last week!

Saturday was another day at the park. I need you back home to pray for Steve. I've been playing basketball with Steve the last couple of weeks, and he really enjoys me and my friend's company Saturday mornings. Steve is a Malaysian man, who speaks Chinese, Japanese, and English. He's very smart and has many talents- one of them being deep sea fishing. He's only 24 years old! Please pray for Steve's salvation. I believe two weeks ago one my teammates has already made it clear what we are doing here in Japan, so I think he's aware of our purpose, but please pray for his heart to break for the Gospel!

After the park, we headed over to Higashikoganei to do Free Five Minute English practice for about 45 minutes. We met 3 Japanese people, one of which claims to be a Christian, and out of the other two, only one heard the Gospel. That 45 minutes was a very productive time evangelizing. The first person I met, her name is Eri. She lives in Higashikoganei and knows a little about Christianity, and I offered her Free Bible Study. She has my information, so please pray that'd she be interested to learn more, so she can have a personal relationship with the Lord. She was able to hear the full Gospel from me. Another lady I met was the Christian I alluded to, and her name is Yuka. She seemed very turned off by Mormons, and then was very encouraged to find out that we aren't Mormons, but just Christians. Her English was basically fluent from her time in America for about 16 years of her life. She was very encouraging to listen to. She was so surprised to hear why we were in Japan, especially after I explained the whole reason. She says she goes to a Pres. Church, and she is so thankful for us spending out summer here in Tokyo to minister to her native people. Again, this was very encouraging.

After Free Five Minute English Practice we headed over to Higashikurame to our BIG Friendship Party, where about 5-6 Japanese showed up. 1 of which accepted the Gospel! Praise the Lord for His work in that man's life! He even came to church the very next day with us! Praise the Lord!

Sunday was another long day, but an awesome day! After church, Andrew, one of the journeyman here this summer, and I went to Nishikokubunji to meet one my contacts for Bible Study. We met at 3, and we ended at 9!!!!!! AHHH!!! It was so good though! H-san knows the Gospel very well after last night, and there were about 3-4 instances where I thought H-san was going to accept the Gospel, but he says he needs more time to reflect. PLEASE PRAY! He is so close! I believe it is very likely that he'll become a Christian before my time is up here in Japan this summer! He understands the concept of repentance, faith, trust, etc. It's amazing! The Lord definitely used Andrew and I to convey the TRUTH to this man! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for H-san! He's so close!!! We are meeting with him next Sunday once again!

Afterward, I met up with S-san, for our weekly Bible Study. She too is so close!!!!! I can't even tell you how close she is. She believes that she is too wicked to accept the love of Christ. I showed her Paul's story, how he came from being a murderer of Christians to one of the most famous missionaries that has ever lived! She seemed pretty encouraged by that! The first few times we met with her, her progress into believing was so great, but it seems these last few weeks that she is on a plateau as far as progressing any further. Please pray for her salvation! She wants to believe and she knows the Gospel well by now! We are meeting this coming Saturday for Bible Study, so please pray for her salvation! SHE IS SO CLOSE!

NOW MORE THAN EVER THIS SUMMER- I COVET YOUR PRAYERS FOR THESE TWO PEOPLE (H-SAN AND S-SAN)--THEY ARE SO CLOSE TO ACCEPTING THE GOSPEL, BUT I BELIEVE IT IS SATAN PREVENTING THEM FROM LEAVING A CULTURE THAT HAS BRAINWASHED THESE INDIVIDUALS FROM CHILDHOOD TO CONFORM TO THE CULTURE. PLEASE PRAY PLEASE PRAY PLEASE PRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment